Husky Injection Molding Systems, Bolton, Ontario, Canada, a technology provider to the plastics processing community, has launched its NexPET™ system – a mid-volume PET preform molding solution purpose-built to help producers introduce multiple new applications into the market more quickly and cost-effectively than ever before.
Built upon Husky’s technology, the NexPET™ system is engineered to enable both established and emerging producers be more competitive by better responding to evolving consumer preferences – while achieving the highest levels of value, flexibility, reliability and sustainability. For established producers, NexPET™ delivers an agile, reliable solution to accommodate niche brands or smaller run SKUs. For emerging producers, it is a proven, cost-effective solution that enables fast, low-risk entry into markets.
Husky’s NexPET™ system supports a wide variety of applications, more SKUs, shorter production runs and more frequent design changeovers. The system’s flexible design is suited to meet continuously changing production requirements, while maintaining the highest Six-Sigma part quality. NexPET™ can run up to a 48-cavity mold and is equipped with unique features to enable producers to be more productive and adaptable, including:
- Up to 25% faster mold changeovers to support a multiple preform design environment
- Choice of different screw diameters to maximize production output flexibility
- Reflex® PET clamp to distribute the right amount of force and maximize mold life
- Rotating EOAT with up to three cooling positions to ensure preforms are ejected at ideal temperatures
- Intuitive, easy-to-use controls for fast set-up, maximized uptime, optimal energy management and central control of auxiliaries
- Adaptive system pressure automatically adjusts oil pressure to suit specific applications while conserving energy
- Capability to run recycled PET pellets and varying quantity of flakes, supporting sustainability initiatives
For more information, visit www.husky.co/nexpet.