2018 Benchmarking and Best Practices Conference to be Held in October
Oct. 10-12, 2018 | Indianapolis, Indiana
For the 16th year, MAPP is hosting the 2018 Benchmarking and Best Practices Conference an event tailored specifically for plastics processors across the country. This year, more than 625 plastics professionals will come together for 2½ days of benchmarking, networking, sharing and growth. This years theme Be Extraordinary will inspire, motivate and educate processors on ways to continuously improve every day! With sessions aimed at nearly every functional area in a plastics organization, companies are encouraged to bring their team for a well-rounded experience.
Additionally, MAPP has recently announced its three keynote speakers for the event which will be a catalyst for a motivational and educational experience:
- David Horsager David Horsager, MA, CSP, is the CEO of Trust Edge Leadership Institute, national bestselling author of The Trust Edge, inventor of the Enterprise Trust Index and director of one of the nations foremost trust studies: The Trust Outlook.
- Alan Hobson Alan Hobson was a member of three self-guided, self-organized and corporately sponsored $500,000 expeditions to the worlds tallest peak, Mount Everest. Three years after standing on the highest physical point on Earth, he was diagnosed with the aggressive blood cancer, acute leukemia, and given less than a year to live.
- Gen. Stanley McChrystal (ret.) Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal is a transformational leader with a remarkable record of achievement. He impresses audiences with field-tested leadership lessons, stressing a uniquely inclusive model that focuses on building teams capable of relentlessly pursuing results.
Learn more about this event and register at www.mappinc.com/conference.
Safety Award Winners Recognized at 2018 EHS Summit
Manufacturing safety professionals came together at the annual Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Summit on July 19-20, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio. During this 1½-day event, MAPP recognized and awarded companies with best practices in safety across the industry with the introduction of the Safety Best Practices Award.
The Safety Best Practices Award is a peer-driven award. Plastics companies from all over America submitted their best practice in safety, and the finalists were selected and voted on by other plastics professionals. With more than 250 unique votes, MAPP was able to recognize the following organizations:
Safety Award Winners:
- All-Plastics LLC
- Automation Plastics Corporation
- Nicolet Plastics
Safety Award Finalists:
- Boardman Molded Products
- CTB Inc.
- Innovative Injection Technologies (i2-Tech)
- Natech Plastics
- Par 4 Plastics
All submissions to this years award have been compiled and are available to view on the MAPP website. An article with more information on the award winners can be found here.
Plastics 2018 Wage and Salary Survey in Process
MAPP recently launched its Wage and Salary survey, which will result in a report to be published this summer. For the sixteenth year, MAPP is conducting this keystone study. The study analyzes information on more than 55 job titles specific to the plastics industry, including administrative, production, engineering, maintenance, quality, warehouse, sales and managerial job functions. This report also includes information on operational benchmarks, overtime and pay differentials, insurance, and vacation and paid time off.
This survey is designed to allow senior executives and human resources personnel make smarter, more informed decisions when it comes to competitive employee compensation. The Wage and Salary Report will break down compensation information for each job title by both organization size and geographic location. Participants in this survey will receive the end report for free or at a discounted rate this fall. The survey will remain open through Aug. 24, 2018, on www.mappinc.com/events.
New Members Welcomed into the MAPP Network
MAPP is proud to welcome the following plastics organizations into the MAPP network:
- BD Custom Manufacturing, Bristol, Indiana
- Bison Innovative Products, Denver, Colorado
- Eimo Technologies, Vicksburg, Michigan
- EirMed, LLC, Menomie, Wisconsin
- Fast Plastic Parts, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Globaltech Plastics LLC, Fife, Washington
- Hoffer Plastics Corporation, South Elgin, Illinois
- Ideoplas, Bedford Heights, Ohio
- Molding Dynamics, Bedford, Ohio
- MVC Nicholasville, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- MYCO Plastics, Jacksonville, Texas
- Nidec Sankyo America Corporation, Shelbyville, Indiana
- SCP Polymers, Booneville, Mississippi
Educational Outreach Award Entries Due by September 7
The 2018 Educational Outreach Award launched in August for MAPP members across the country. This award celebrates and recognizes organizations that are going above and beyond to find new and unique ways to reach out to young people in their communities. Now in its third year, award winners are voted on by industry peers and receive a check to donate to the organization or program of their choice.
Submissions will be accepted through Sept. 7, 2018. To learn more or to submit an entry, visit www.mappinc.com/events.
MAPP to Participate in 2018 Plastics Industry Fly-In
Sept. 11-12, 2018 | Washington, DC
For the third year in a row, MAPP is proud to support and sponsor the Plastics Industry Fly-In. The Plastics Industry Fly-In allows plastics industry professionals the opportunity to show up in Washington, DC, as a group and educate those on Capitol Hill about how plastics help change peoples lives for the better. Attendees will have face-to-face meetings with lawmakers and key decision makers, giving them the opportunity to share their real-world stories. These meetings help lawmakers to understand how legislative issues will impact the health and viability of plastics businesses, employees and customers.
Additionally, MAPPs Young Professionals Network will meet the day prior to the Fly-In for an intimate Leadership Development Workshop, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Attendees can expect a dynamic presentation and hands-on learning, along with networking and practical takeaways.
MAPP invites its members to join MAPPs staff and board of directors at this event. Visit www.mappinc.com for more information.
Mold and Machine Maintenance Report Now Available
The 2018 Mold and Machine Maintenance Report now is available for purchase and download. The 2018 Mold and Machine Maintenance Report includes 32 pages dedicated to benchmarking maintenance practices within plastics facilities. The report includes data and information on tracking mold maintenance activities, tool PM personnel, PM timing by tonnage, machine maintenance tracking, maintenance metrics, mold and machine maintenance training and more.
For more information, visit www.mappinc.com/resources.