MAPP Announces 2021 Plant Tours and Events
MAPP is excited to announce several key events for 2021. New this year will be a Virtual Plant Tour series.
MAPP Virtual Plant Tours
MAPP has long believed that to see another manufacturing facility is to improve your own. Without the ability to gather in person, MAPP is bringing its members a long-sought-after benefit: virtual plant tours. These events will include a virtual tour of the facility, a heightened focus on one topic chosen by that organization and the opportunity to network, problem-solve and benchmark with other members. Throughout 2021, MAPP will virtually tour member facilities across the United States to highlight and share best practices for the membership.
In addition, MAPP has planned several other forum events for continuing education and networking for members. Listed below are the upcoming 2021 MAPP events.
- April 13, May 11 and June 8 – Quality Management Forum Series
- February and May – Thayer Leadership Program
- March 8 – Young Professional Cohorts begin
- May 26 and 27 – EHS Summit
- June 18 – Sales Process Forum
- August 4 and 5 – Human Resources Forum
- In-person Plant Tour – August 26 (location TBD)
- November 3 through 5 – Benchmarking and Best Practices Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana
Learn more about these upcoming events and register at www.mappinc.com/events.
Quality Forum Series Launches in April
Quality: the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something.
Today’s manufacturers face an array of disruptions, from emerging technologies and agile manufacturing to supply chain localization. The 2021 Quality Forum Series will take place on Tuesday, April 13; Tuesday, May 11; and Tuesday, June 8 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
This series will focus on all facets of organizational excellence and will provide actionable strategies and deep insights into organizational excellence, disruptive technologies, leadership and change management, and quality fundamentals. Attendees will improve their abilities to effect change, increase value and drive their organizations toward quality goals. This virtual event will include all the same features as MAPP’s in-person events, along with additional benefits, such as:
- Easy access – no software or plugin downloads required
- The ability to choose which sessions to attend and set reminders so you don’t miss out
- Access to recorded sessions for a full 60-day period after the event
- Virtual networking and live Q&A sessions following presentations
- …and much more!
2021 State of the Plastics Industry Now Available
MAPP’s 2021 State of the Plastics Industry Report now is available. With new challenges and uncertainties currently in the plastics marketplace, company leaders need to understand the overall landscape. This knowledge allows them to better plan, strategize and prepare for the rest of the year.
The State of the Industry Report involves the collection of key performance indicators and other economic performance data from hundreds of plastics manufacturing executives. Aggregated benchmarks provided in this report highlight industry norms and reveal details and trends about the following:
- Sales forecasts
- Quoting and backlog
- Offshoring and reshoring
- Material pricing trends
This 60-page report details more than three dozen economic indicators – covering 2020 industry performance and 2021 plastics industry forecasts. With input from more than 200 plastics companies across the country, this annual report analyzes historic and current trends to give plastics executives a closer look at how the plastics industry will perform over the next 12 months. Trend and forecast information in this report includes customer diversity and demographics, industry segment forecast, executive challenges, sales, quoting, backlog, inventory, shipments, offshoring, customer demands, raw material pricing, employment levels, capital expenditures and profitability.
The 2021 State of the Plastics Industry Report is available for purchase on the MAPP website at www.mappinc.com.
MAPP Welcomes New Members
MAPP is proud to welcome the following plastics organizations into the MAPP network:
- Prudent American Technologies, Inc., Lexington, Kentucky
- HMMI, Sparta, Tennessee
- Nylacarb Corp., Vero Beach, Florida
- UPM Inc., Baldwin Park, California
- SWPC, Deep River, Connecticut
- Profile Plastics, Inc., Lake Bluff, Illinois
- Comar, Inc. (Rancho), Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Comar, Inc. (Saddle Brook), Saddle Brook, New Jersey
- Comar, Inc. (West Bend), West Bend, Wisconsin
- Comar, Inc. (Sheboygan), Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Tuf-Tite, Inc., Lake Zurich, Illinois
- B&D Manufacturing, Kokomo, Indiana
MAPP Building Leaders of Character Program
Brought to you by MAPP and Thayer Leadership Program at West Point
This program is an immersive and interactive experience designed exclusively for MAPP, led in part by retired general officers and faculty who reveal their leadership lessons learned under the most stressful of combat conditions and from training received from West Point and the US Army. Attendees will engage in academic sessions and interactive experiences among a cohort of plastics executives from varying backgrounds. The experience includes an assortment of applied academic classroom modules, interactive experiential sessions, mentoring with expert faculty, networking time with other participants and inspirational speakers. Attendees will:
- Discover tactics to improve the trait of holding people accountable
- Learn proven methods to develop and maintain trust
- Uncover the power of providing immediate feedback
- Understand ways to align teams to meet company objectives
- Find new techniques to improve communications
- Acquire new skills in organizational improvement via the use of after action reviews
Who: Mid-to-senior-level leaders, across the plastics industry, who want proven, practical tools to be more effective leaders.
Registration: Limited to 35 participants
Programming will take place in sessions throughout the year. The next cohort will begin in May. Watch the MAPP website for registration details.