MAPP Announces 2020 Plant Tours and Events
MAPP has announced the dates for plant tours and other events in 2020. Plant tours are key events for MAPP members and allow the opportunity for plastics processors to visit other member facilities. During these events, dozens of plastics professionals come together, view all aspects of the host organization (from production to HR to quality to warehouse), benchmark best practices, share important strategic insights and network with other members. MAPP offers events to all processors in addition to specialty plant tours for industry young professionals. MAPP also has planned several other forum events for continuing education and networking for members.
MAPP Plant Tours
- April 1-2 – Falcon Plastics, Brookings, South Dakota
- August 6 – D&M Plastics, Burlington, Illinois
MAPP Plant Tours and Events for Young Professionals
- February 13 – Innovative Plastics, Madison, Alabama
- May 28 – Polymer Conversions, Orchard Park, New York
- July 22-24 – Leadership Experience, Cleveland, Ohio
- September 10 – Plastics Components, Inc., and Strohwig Industries, Germantown, Wisconsin
- March 11 & 12 – Quality Management Forum, Oxford, Connecticut
- March 18-20 – Thayer Leadership Program, West Point, New York
- May 20-21 – EHS Summit, Cleveland, Ohio
- June 18 – Sales Process Forum, Erie, Pennsylvania
- October 20-22, 2020 Benchmarking and Best Practices Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana
Learn more about these upcoming events and register at www.mappinc.com/events.
2020 State of the Plastics Industry Now Available
MAPP’s State of the Industry Report was created to answer the most commonly asked question between business leaders: “How is your business doing?” The State of the Industry Report involves the collection of data from hundreds of plastics manufacturing executives. This study benchmarks the performance of these companies to industry norms and reveals details and trends about:
- Sales forecasts
- Quoting and backlog
- Offshoring and reshoring
- Material pricing trends
The 2020 State of the Plastics Industry now is available for purchase on the MAPP website. This 60-page report details more than three dozen economic indicators – covering 2019 industry performance and 2020 plastics industry forecasts. With input from nearly 200 plastics companies across the country, this annual report, now in its 20th year, analyzes historic and current trends to give plastics executives a closer look at how the plastics industry will perform over the next 12 months. Trend and forecast information in this report includes customer diversity and demographics, industry segment forecast, executive challenges, sales, quoting, backlog, inventory, shipments, offshoring, customer demands, raw material pricing, employment levels, capital expenditures and profitability. The 2020 State of the Plastics Industry Report and the Discussion Guide are both available for purchase at www.mappinc.com.
MAPP Welcomes New Members
MAPP is proud to welcome the following plastics organizations into the MAPP network:
- 3M Company (Nebraska) – Valley, Nebraska
- AY McDonald Industries – Cuba City, Wisconsin
- Beaumont Advanced Processing – Erie, Pennsylvania
- D.A. Inc. (Indiana) – Charlestown, Indiana
- Grand Traverse Plastics Corp. – Williamsburg, Michigan
- Keter Plastics – Anderson, Indiana
- Nolato Contour – Baldwin, Wisconsin
- Permian Plastics – O’Fallon, Missouri
- Plascene – Oxnard, California
- Seitz Corporation – Torrington, Connecticut
- The Plastek Group – Hamlet – Hamlet, North Carolina
MAPP Names New Board Slate for 2020
The Manufacturers Association for Plastics Processors (MAPP) has announced the appointment of five new members to its Board of Directors. The incoming slate of new board members bring a wealth of leadership and experience to MAPP. Joining the Board of Directors are Rich Dorans, PTA Plastics; Jim Bott, INCOE; Adam Wachter, Engineered Profiles; Tom Wood, E-S Plastic Products LLC; and Scott Walton, Harbour Results, Inc.
The MAPP Board of Directors is composed of 20 plastics industry executives, from plastics companies across all area of the United States and with diverse backgrounds in the industry. Having industry leaders participate on the MAPP board allows the organization to continue its mission of being an association for plastics processors, run by plastics processors. The slate of board members for 2020 is as follows:
- Tom Nagler, Natech Plastics Inc.
- Craig Carrel, Team 1 Plastics
- Tim Capps, Par 4 Plastics Inc.
- Missy Rogers, Noble Plastics Inc.
- Alan Rothenbuecher, Benesch, Friedlander,
Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Norm Forest, Dymotek Molding Technologies
- Tom Tredway, Erie Molded Plastics, Inc.
- Christopher Gedwed, Cosmetic Specialties International
- Glen Fish, Revere Plastics Systems, LLC
- Brendan Cahill, PTG Silicones
- Samir Patel, Midwest Molding Inc.
- Jim Eberle, MXL Industries, Inc.
- Jim Kepler, Intertech Plastics, Inc.
- Derrill Rice, Plastic Components, Inc.
- Steve Bieszczat, IQMS
- Rich Dorans, PTA Plastics
- Jim Bott, INCOE
- Adam Wachter, Engineered Profiles LLC
- Tom Wood, E-S Plastic Products LLC
- Scott Walton, Harbour Results Inc.
Save the Date: 2020 Environmental, Health and Safety Summit
Save the date for the annual Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Summit, to be held May 20 and 21, 2020, in its new location, Cleveland, Ohio. This is a unique event focused on helping manufacturing companies achieve world-class safety. The annual EHS Summit will provide safety professionals with implementable ideas they can take back to their facilities. This event is designed to facilitate best practice sharing, build leadership skills and give attendees practical and innovative solutions to their largest safety challenges. Visit www.mappinc.com to learn more about this event and register.
Benchmarking Available for Corrective and Preventive Action Plans
The 2020 Corrective and Preventive Action Plan Benchmarking was designed by MAPP members seeking to understand the corrective action procedures throughout the industry. This benchmarking includes data on what initiates a corrective action plan, time dedicated to corrective action, average response and completion times, and how tracking and metrics are displayed and communicated. Additionally, this report helps processors benchmark how many corrective actions are completed each year, how tasks are managed, the most common issues, follow-up processes and management involvement in correction action plans.
New Leadership Programming for 2020: Thayer Leadership Program
The Thayer Leadership Program is an immersive, exclusive and interactive experience designed exclusively for MAPP. This onsite 3-day experience includes an assortment of applied academic classroom modules, interactive experiential sessions, mentoring with expert faculty, networking time with other participants and inspirational speakers. Held March 18 through 20, 2020, at the Military Academy at West Point, New York, the event focuses on mid- to senior-level leaders from across the plastics industry who want proven, practical tools to be a more effective leader.
“One of the most rewarding things we have ever done…”
– Alan Rothenbuecher, Benesch
“Wow, what an experience on so many levels!”
– Derrill Rice, Plastic Components Inc.
“An amazing experience that I can’t wait to share with others.”
– Mike Benson, Stout
“Wow, I’m so pumped from that experience!”
– Thomas Nagler, Natech Plastics
Registration is limited to 35 participants. Find more details at mappinc.com/events.
MAPP Releases Information Systems Management Report
The Manufacturers Association for Plastics Processors (MAPP) recently conducted its benchmarking study on information systems for the plastics industry, resulting in MAPP’s newest report: Information Systems Management. This report dives into trends, strategies and plans for IT in the plastics manufacturing industry. The results include IT strategy, investments, software, hardware, ERP systems, cloud usage, cybersecurity and future planning.
This year’s report highlights major investments and changes occurring in the plastics world as it relates to managing information systems. In preparing this report, the MAPP benchmarking team did additional outside research and sought out best practices. These outside findings will be included within this document as a means to provide IT leaders with additional expert advice. For more information and to purchase this report, visit www.mappinc.com.