Extreme Makes $1.5M Investment in Equipment, Facilities
As part of its $1.5 million investment in new equipment and facilities, Extreme Tool & Engineering, Wakefield, Michigan, recently added a Yasda YMC 430 Micro Center with RT10 5-Axis Turntable. It is just one of three currently installed in North America.
The new Yasda has state-of-the-art precision thermal management and ultra-high precision linear drives. With its 5-axis capabilities, it will help Extreme reduce the use of EDM process and increase the throughput of hard-milled components. Its primary function is tight tolerance, high end finish machining in hard tool steels, while it also offers flexibility by quickly going from hard-milling to machining graphite electrodes.
As a part of a $1.5 million investment in new equipment and facilities, Extreme also added the following machines in 2015:
- Makino A51NX Horizontal 4-Axis Milling Machine
- Mazak Quick Turn Nexus 200-II CNC Lathe
- Beamer FB52 50 Watt Laser Engraver
- 55-Ton Roboshot with 6-Axis Fanuc LR Mate 200iD Robot
- 110-Ton Roboshot with 6-Axis Fanuc LR Mate 200iD Robot with Auto-Feed Insert System
For more information, visit www.extremetool.com.